Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The best way to learn

They say the best way to remember information is to teach it. I remember throughout high school teachers showing me an info-graphic that says a person remembers something like 10% of what they read, 20% of what they hear, 50% of what they do, and 90% of what they teach. Now I imagine this is a total crock, but experience has taught me that I do remember things better when I teach them to others. So there's my motivation behind this blog. I'm currently studying for my Cisco ICND2 exam that I'll be taking in just over 2 weeks, which, upon passing will give me my complete CCNA certification. In each post I'll explore an objective or two of the INCD2 test, putting the concept in its most easy to understand form. Hopefully someone will learn something, but at the very least it should help solidify the concepts in my own mind. I'll try to include some tips and tricks in each post, along with visualizations and practice labs. I myself have several study materials, including 2 texts, and software to help me simulate labs. Feel free to contact me by email if you have any questions, or if you noticed something I posted that was incorrect.

Hopefully, we can both learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment